SCAMS FROM THE INBOX: Latest collection of email scams in January

A selection of the latest scam emails hitting inboxes IN JANUARY (Scams of Jan!)

Chances are if you are viewing this page you have copied and pasted text from a strange email you have received into Google.  While it’s great news you have located this page, unfortunately you have received a scam email in your inbox.  These are the latest scam emails being sent to inboxes worldwide:

From: “Neil Gado via  Zoho Docs” <noreply@zohocrm.org>
Date: 16 January 2018 at 9:33:06 am AEDT
Subject: Neil Gado shared BAS_31_Dec_17.zip with you

Dear <insert your email>I have shared the following document with you:

BAS_31_Dec_17.zip <leads to https://docs.zoho.com/downloaddocument.do?docId=51d4f5bc99018674f4760bf5bb879ea7067a….>

Please find attached the following:

1. Tax Report. This report shows the transactions in the subject quarter and details all the GST collected and credits. Please peruse and let us know any changes.
  2. GST Calculation Worksheet for GST. The GST payable is $8,919.00

Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Regards,
Neil Gado

From: Sarah Adam [mailto:sarasara84@vera.com.uy]

Sent: Wednesday, 17 January 2018 2:29 PM

To: undisclosed-recipients:

Subject: Greetings

My name is Mrs. Sarah Adam, a woman of 75 years, I am in the sick bed now ready to die soon, but before I die I have an important massage that I want to tell you, very urgent.

From: Asset Associated Air Pty Ltd [mailto:account@assetaircon.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 18 January 2018 1:30 PM
Subject: Invoice INV-1704 from Asset Associated Air Pty Ltd

From: Manuel, Jillian [mailto:jmanuel@sjfc.edu]
Sent: Thursday, 18 January 2018 11:39 PM
Subject: [Nil subject]

Hello, you have a donation of 4,800,000.00USD in memory of my late wife who died of cancer. Contact me on <tomcrist565@gmail.com> for more details

LinkedIN Scam message:
From: Paschael Detwanne <detwannes@gmail.com>
This proves that you are a business person and the right person to handle this transaction with me. Before I give you more details on the procedures may I remind you that we have a code of conducts guiding this business, our rules and regulations must not be violated or breached by any party for security reasons.
It was not by mistake that I contacted you because I was left with no other option than this. Firstly, I would like to notify you that I’m soliciting for your total assistance and co-operation to enable the bank release the sum of $9.7M (Nine Million Seven Hundred Thousand Dollars) balance of my late client to your account.
I will advice that you read thoroughly and carefully, this transaction is highly confidential. It should be strictly between you and me. Note clearly that this transaction has been well planned and masterminded by me. I have followed all the required official payment procedures, and all the documents to facilitate the smooth conclusion of this transaction are legitimate and officially in order.
I have received a letter from the bank as the deceased attorney to present the deceased heir or have the account closed as unclaimed bill, You are to stand as the next of kin to the deceased since you are a foreigner and also share the same last name with my Late client, that’s all I need because I have all the documents and information that may require to make this thing happen,
Because you have the same last name with my late client,( Michael <insert your last name>) and also from the same country with him. I am strongly believed that the bank will approve your application as the next of kin to late Mr. Michael <insert your last name>.I have already inform the bank that I have found the diseases relative and the bank assured me for their maximum cooperation to release the fund to you if you can provide the supporting evidence. There is no problem in this transaction, I have all the documents/ information that the bank might require from you, all you need is to follow my legal directive and you will see how this fund will be paid into your account. Mind you that we are not harming any body nor family, if you did not claim this fund as his next of kin, then the bank will only share the money amongst themselves.
My dear I am given you guarantee once again that you will not face any queries or hindrance now or after the successful conclusion of this business deal, I cannot associate myself in any business / transaction that may bring curse or problems to my family as a married man , so I have no reason to dent my political carriers because of this money. Mind you that everything is 100% risk free.
Before further procedure let me give you guarantee that you will not face any queries or hindrance now or after the successful conclusion of this business deal, you can agree with me that I can not associate my self in any business / transaction that may bring curse or problems to my family as a married man and a father of 2 kids. Moreover am a legal practitioner and a court advocate, I can not just damage my hard earned reputation, my plan is to join politics and contest as a member of my country National Assembly, so I have no reason to dent my political carriers because of this money.
Back to the Procedures.
Without wasting much time, I will like to have your private telephone number for communication purpose. I will have to explain how we are due to commence this deal. I will draft a specimen text of application which you will fill and send to the bank as the next of kin to late Mr. Michael <insert your last nam>,for the release and transfer his balance to you. I will send you the application as soon as possible,
Best Regards

From: HSBC Advising Service [mailto:advising.service.16305034.780660.1248069166@mail.hsbcnet.hsbc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 January 2018 4:07 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Payment Advice – Advice Ref:[G81109495180] / Priority payment / Customer Ref:[9001005088/61-10]

Dear Sir/Madam,

The attached payment advice is issued at the request of our customer. The advice is for your reference only.

Yours faithfully,
Global Payments and Cash Management
HSBC

***************************************************************************
This is an auto-generated email, please DO NOT REPLY. Any replies to this
email will be disregarded.
***************************************************************************
Security tips
1. Install virus detection software and personal firewall on your computer. This software needs to be updated regularly to ensure you have the latest protection.
2. To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or non-trustworthy sources.
3. If you discover any unusual activity, please contact the remitter of this payment as soon as possible.
***************************************************************************

From: ESIB [mailto:account@esib.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 24 January 2018 10:26 AM
Subject: Invoice INVV02703 from ESIB Pty Ltd

ESIB Pty Ltd View full invoice details >

View invoice   ›

We’ve attached invoice INVV02703 for $790.00.

Payment is due by 25/01/2018.

For your convenience we do accept payment by MasterCard or Visa with a 1.5% surcharge payable. Credit card payments can be made by calling the office between 7am and 3pm Monday to Friday.

Thank you for your business and if you have any queries regarding your invoice, please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Kind Regards,
Greg Rowan
ESIB Pty Ltd
account@esib.com.au
07 3802 7069

From: Rachel Bondi [mailto:rachel.bondi@a2ewebsolutions.com]
Sent: Friday, 16 February 2018 9:49 AM
Subject: Urgent

Good Morning,

Can you please advise when invoice 333758 12/02/18 was paid? Please provide a remittance advise as soon as possible.

This is a matter of urgency.

Regards,

Rachel Bondi

A2E Web Solutions

Bookkeeper

From: Macquarie [mailto:klaus.mahrhold@htp-tel.de]
Sent: Friday, 16 February 2018 10:10 AM
Subject: Dear Valued Customer

Macquarie

Dear Valued Customer

We are currently undergoing a new system upgrade to enable gain more credit on your account and secure your portal,we advice all customers to update now to get secured and enjoy better banking today When you shop overseas or when you withdraw cash with our Macquarie Debit MasterCard.