Online Investigations is warning Australians to be wary of receiving a phone call from the number “0455 710 815”.
Those who have received a call from this number report speaking to an unknown person of Indian nationality claiming to be contacting them regarding a better deal on their prepaid mobile phone.
A fictitious offer is provided by scammers claiming they will provide a new mobile phone and charge only $35 a month over a 24 month basis. In some cases the scammers have also claimed to be from Optus, but when pushed for further contact details, the scammers simply hang up.
The purpose of these phone calls is to obtain your personal information, specifically your full name, home address, contact numbers and drivers licence number. Any individuals who have provided these details are urged to file a report with their local Police and set up an alert on their credit file here.
- LATEST SCAM TEXT MESSAGE: Your Mobile# has won $330,000 AUD in Nokia FreeLotto.ref
- Microsoft Phone Scam: Coming to a landline near you
- TXT SCAM: Brian & Mary Loshe mobile scam
- Is your online Date asking for a Dating pass ID or hookup clearance? READ THIS FIRST!
- Congratulations! You haven’t won a prize! New Apple scam making the rounds