Ah, the Internet. The magical world of counterfeit property, plagiarism, fake profiles and false claims. So how can you possibly tell whether your online date is really the person in the photograph? Or the baby sonogram your habitual lying, attention seeking friend has posted on her Facebook is legit? Or whether the vehicle your looking to purchase from a friendly Nigerian Prince really exists?
Simple. By conducting a reverse image search it will identify whether the same image has been used in other places across the Internet allowing you to determine whether the image you are viewing is original.
Here at Online Investigations we have done the hard work for you and created a list of the best reverse image search directories. These are our preferred sites:
|Reverse Image Net:|
|Flickr specific reverse image searches:|
|Reddit specific reverse image searches:|
|Artwork forum specific:
Multi forum searches: http://iqdb.org/
|Text based searches:
To verify whether text has been used elsewhere, we recommend these sites:
|And just for kicks……..
(Upload a picture of yourself and this site will attempt to determine your sex, gender and your celebrity doppelganger. Word of warning: be prepared to have your self confidence crushed!)
What sites do you use to verify work is original?
- Educational Purposes Only: How to get the password of any Facebook account
- Private Investigator Protecting Online Daters from Cyber Criminals this Valentine’s Day
- Internet Doomsday – Will your Internet be shut off today?
- How Law Enforcement Is Using Social Media (Infographic)
- SEXTING LAW: “Sexting without consent” to become illegal in Victoria