Online Investigations is warning all Australian residents to be very careful of a latest mail drop scam which has been sent out to unsuspecting mailboxes across Australia.
The scam appears to originate out of Ireland, with Irish contact details and an Irish stamp provided on the envelope, however as the envelope contains no postmark branding it would appear that local individuals have been used to distribute the envelopes across Melbourne.
Contact details of the sender are provided as:
Aliyah j Socio
44 Ushers Quay, Dublin 8,
Tel: +353 (0)873945847
Dear _____ (Insert name obtained from local telephone directories)
Firstly, I must solicit your confidence in this transaction; this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day.
Let me start by first introducing myself properly to you. It may surprise you receiving this letter from me, since there was no previous correspondence between us. My name is Julianna Aliyah. Esq. a personal Attorney to Late Ms. Darcy (insert same surname as yours).
My purpose of contacting you is for you to help secure the funds left behind by my late client, to avoid it being confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Bank where this fund valued €7,600,000.00 (Seven Million Six Hundred Thousand Euros) deposited by my client before her death.
The Bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin or the account will be declared unserviceable and the fund diverted to the Bank treasury, So far all my efforts to get a hold of someone related to this woman has proved abortive. Hence, I have contacted you. I am actually asking for your consent to present you to the Bank as the Next of Kin/beneficiary of my late client’s fund, since you have the same last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to your account.
All the legal documentations to back up your claim as my client’s Next of Kin I shall provided them. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us achieve this transaction.
I wish to point out that I want 10% of this money to be shared among the charity Organizations, while the remaining 90% is shared equally between us. This transaction is entirely risk free. I will use my position as the client’s attorney to guarantee the successful execution of this transaction. Please, if you are interested, you can also contact me via my private Tel: (0011)3538-7394-5847, Fax: (0011) 3531-4811-770 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant documents that will help you understand this transaction well.
The intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you and me from any breach of the law. However, if this business proposal offends your moral ethics, do accept my sincere apology.
If on the contrary you wish to achieve this goal with me, kindly get back to me with your interest for further explanations.
Barrister Julianna Aliyah
– If you receive this letter DO NOT respond to it. It is a scam. We recommend reporting this immediately to Scamwatch.gov.au. Did you receive this letter? Let us know below!