Are you a victim of any of the following?:
- Online defamation
- Anonymous blogs /website
- Harrassing / anonymous emails
- Identity theft online
- Fake profiles
If you are, by now you may have done enough research and ringing around to discover that the majority of people encourage you to engage a lawyer to obtain a court order and identify the persons responsible.
Firstly, the process in which to obtain a court order is a lengthy one and although this may be music to your lawyers ears – court costs and the overall expense of this process can on average cost around $20,000 upwards. Even if you do obtain a court order, there is no guarantee that after this length of time the information about the account holder will still be held by the company you have subpoenaed. A customers trust can play an important role in the eyes of the domain/telephone companies so the last thing they are going to do is make it easy for you to obtain their customers details. Never expect that just because you have a Court Order you’ll get the information you have spent thousands of dollars of trying to obtain.
This is where Online Investigations Pty Ltd has a distinct advantage. As licensed private investigators we have the experience to identify (by way of discreet methods) the anonymous individual responsible without the need for a lengthy court process and a large invoice. Our previous success in identifying the anonymous online has resulted in the following:
- Identifying the individual responsible for sending defamatory emails using a gmail account. (Gmail currently strips the IP information from the email which cannot be viewed by opening the headers of the email)
- Identifying the individual responsible for a defamatory website created in our clients company name. The domain was set up to direct customers of my clients product to go the offenders domain name instead, which contained a number of defamatory blogs about my client, their services and inappropriate images. The offending domain owner had used a privacy company to shield their real name and was using proxy servers to access the site.
- Identifying a group of individuals responsible for a number of sites defaming a large organisation based in New South Wales. Through our profiling methods we were able to identify both the individuals responsible and a number of deleted sites they had previously created confirming their guilt.
- Individuals who were responsible for a fake profile created on Facebook which was being used to send intimidating and threatening messages to my client. My client had spent countless hours attempting to resolve the issue with Facebook however this proved unsuccessful. We were able to solve the matter the same day and on our confirmation, the persons responsible immediately took down the account.
- Locating the true individual behind an eBay online auction account which was being used to sell counterfeits goods online. Our investigation further identified several domains this individual owned and was using to sell additional goods which infringed on our cilents brand.
- Identifying the timeline of ownership of a single domain name which had been transferred to a number of different individuals over the period of 11 years.
If you have concerns about any form of online based activity and are considering the use of a Court Order to obtain information – contact Online Investigations Pty Ltd FIRST and receive an detailed consultation to determine how we can help identify the anonymous online, and ensure the reputation of your name or brand is protected.
Online Investigations Pty Ltd are a private investigation company based in Melbourne, Australia. Experienced private investigators and detectives in Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia and Worldwide. Servicing Canberra, Sydney, Darwin, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and International.